Thursday, October 29, 2009

Design Stuff


This first one is a few angles of the project I worked on for three weeks. I hate it. Haha. It's made of foam, and spray painted with car paint.

This was an assignment for which I had to make a 30" tall structure of 1/8" dowels, thread, and wood glue. It had to be able to support 10 pounds at its highest point. Originally, it stood the other way, but I realized that it wouldn't be able to hold 10 pounds that way. I flipped it over, and actually liked how it looked, that way... It also held 10 pounds this way. =-D
These are all the same piece, I just photoshopped them into one image to save space. I need to make 20 of these, and create a larger composition with those pieces.

And that's what I do in my Design Concepts 2 class.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

I really like the support thing! Cool man.