Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Demon Repaint!


This is the repainting I did of a painting that I had originally done just over two years ago. It was June 5th, 2007 when I finished the original.

I'm even amazed, myself, at how much I've improved. Especially considering that I had only painted one thing in those two years, and it was within a month or two of finishing the original of this painting. Also, bear in mind that the original painting is the best I felt I could do when I had painted it... it took me about 8 hours, I think.

Check out the animated .gif to see a comparison! (There is some quality lost, and the colors are a bit more vibrant in the gif)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, Tom! I could definitely see this in a movie! Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

Extraordinary! Beautiful detail. Even the candle blows me away. And the colors...wow! You are an amazing talent!